For Technology Transfer and Commercialization, the DOST-CAR promotes the adoption of technologies with the end view of alleviating poverty, accelerating growth and development in the countryside through the creation of livelihood opportunities/ rural enterprise to be globally competitive, and to create employment.
A. Small Enterprise Technology Upgrading Program (SETUP)
The Program intends to strengthen the country's innovation system by enabling enterprises to address their technological requirements and limitations to improve productivity and efficiency through:
- Application of appropriate technologies to improve/develop products, services and/or operations;
- Human resource training, technical assistance and productivity consultancy services;
- Assistance for compliance to regulatory and market standards such as testing and calibration
- Assistance to address shop-floor problems through short-term research; and
- Provision of financial assistance to facilitate acquisition of appropriate technologies and/or implement technological innovations.
The Program will likewise provide interventions at the level of industry or sector, to wit:
- Technology forecasting and gap analysis;
- Provision of support facilities such as Specialized laboratory, Innovation Centers, TBI;
- Capacity building; and
- Policy development and support.
The Program focuses assistance on the following priority sectors:
- Food Processing;
- Gift, Decors, Handicrafts;
- Metals and Engineering;
- Health and Wellness;
- Hala Products and Services;
- Energy and Environment;
- Creative Industry; and
- Other regional priority sectors (Based on RDC-approved regional industry clusters)
Each DOST RO thru the PSTCs shall assist interested enterprises requesting for SETUP support through the following:
- Technology Needs Assessment (TNA)
- Access to and Acquisition of Appropriate Technology
B. Local Grant-in-Aid Projects (LGIA)
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) through its Grants-In-Aid (GIA) Program, aims to harness the country's scientific and technological capabilities to spur and attain sustainable economic growth and development. through the funding of relevant science and technology (S&T) undertakings, the GIA program aims to contribute to productivity improvement and quality of life of Filipinos by generating and promoting appropriate technologies. Likewise, it seeks to strengthen the-participation of various S&T sectors particularly in research and development (R&D), promotion, technology transfer and utilization, human resources development, information dissemination, advocacy, and linkages.
The GIA program provides grants for the implementation of programs/projects, identified in the current DUST priorities and thrusts, and supports S&T activities classified in the General Appropriations Act (GAA).
- Research and Development (Generation of Knowledge and Technologies)
- Research and Development Results Utilization (RDRU) - Diffusion of Knowledge
- Development of Human Resources and R&D Institutions for the S&T Sector
- Provision of Quality S&T Services and Technologies